Monday, July 11, 2011

Alone time...

Hola Gorgeous Hippie Goddesses....

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!! I know I did, which shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone because I make a point of having a good time. If I'm not happy or enjoying myself something is wrong and needs to be changed.

Just a quick breakdown today.
Friday - I worked until 10:15... that makes it a  14.5 hour day. Wow!! I still went and picked up Christy after and we went to my house to watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Christy was falling asleep on my couch so we didn't finish it until Sunday. So I dropped her off at home @ around 1:30.  Also... I ran over a metal thing on my lunch break which destroyed my wheel and my tire... There goes quite a bit of money down the drain.
Saturday - Work from 8-11am then I went to my parents house to drop off my broken wheel so my dad could fix or replace it. Then I went to Christy's house where we hung out in the bathroom with Lazareth ;)
Then I went to my friend Amanda's stagette. I was the only single one and apparently the old fashioned one because I found it inappropriate that the drunk girl pissed on the sidewalk beside the bar. Funny...yes, necessary...no. It was still a fun night!! I really hope the bride to be had a fun night as well.
Sunday - SUNDAY WAS AWESOME.... for a really lame ass reason though. I woke up at 12:30 and actually got out of bed at 1:30pm. I went and cleaned out my car and washed it (right before it rained of course) then went to Christy's house where she made me another hula hoop! It is GLORIOUS... I'm definitely a fan of her work :) Her dad made us dinner, then we went to my house to hang out with Jasmine ;) and finish HP!! Then I drove her home and was in bed by 11:30. That's right bitches I was awake for less then 12 hours yesterday!! I really needed it. 

So I have decided that I really need to spend some time just focusing on myself. I've written up this huge list of things that I want to focus on that will help enhance the awesomeness that is my life. The first thing on my list of things to focus on is alone time, I know that this will be extremely difficult considering how much I love to go out. Like everyday. I love having something to do, and I think that this is because I am not productive when I am at home. I never do anything other then sit and maybe watch a TV show or I'll just lay on my bed and read stupid shit on my phone. It is a waste of time and I don't have the patience for feeling useless. So I need to actually make a list of things that I really want to do, and little things (that are fun) that I can do at home by myself that will help me accomplish things.  It may not seem like a big deal... but it really is. So I've come up with a list of things that us hippies can do by ourselves that will just let us relax and breathe. That let the stress wash away.

Activities for some quality alone time

- Go to the library and just chill out amongst the books
- Lie in bed and read
- Make some coffee or tea or a rye and ginger and write (anything and everything)
- Take a yoga class
- Paint... just put brush to canvas and paint
- Have a blanket bath. I haven't done this in FOREVER but I really want to again. Just fill your bathtub with super comfortable blankets and pillows, play some music and read or write or draw or nap. Just rest!!
- Cook a glorious meal. Who says you have to have company for an excuse to cook a delicious meal for one.
- Go for a walk
- Re-organize a book shelf or maybe an entire room
- Create an Alter (this is actually on my to-do list)
- Plan a trip
- Plan a budget (I might be the only nerd who actually enjoys making budgets...however I couldn't stick to one if my life depended on it)
- Plan a picnic...then actually go on a picnic

Well... that's it that's all... this post seems vaguely familiar... Did I already do a post on this??

Haha...well whatever it's Monday

Love and Rainbows

Anie

No comments:

Post a Comment