Saturday, May 21, 2011

Everything Happens for a Reason...





So last night I was arrested for possession of marijuana. Yep I said it. It was embarrassing and completely ludicrous that you can even be arrested for having less then a quarter on you. The worst part of the entire thing was that my car was impounded, my license suspended for 24 hours, and I needed a ride to work this morning...so who did I call?? My parents. I honestly probably wouldn't care this much if I didn't have to tell my mother about it.

Wow... Did my mother ever go on a tirade. It's hilarious only because she wants me to stop hanging out with my friends because they are a bad influence on me... HAHAHA...If anything, I am a bad influence on them. I don't think she realizes that this is not going to make me stop smoking weed. I will most likely be ridiculously cautious for a very long time but there is no way in hell that I am going to give it up. It is part of who I am and it makes everything so awesome and there is no way that it should be illegal. As my darling Christy said (she was also arrested) while we were waiting "Dude I know I sound like a total hippie right now but this is totally a non-violent crime." AGREED!!

So yeah... Christy and I will both have criminal records...which will really limit our travel possibilities. I'm not sure how the whole thing works because this is our first offense... but on June 24th I'll figure it out because that is our court date.

I obviously have a lesson that I needed to learn from this experience but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. I feel that my personal lessons and my life and the way I live it are reflected in my decisions and should not reflect on any man made law. Yes... I broke the law but it still doesn't feel wrong to me. I don't think that I could ever believe that weed is wrong...it just won't happen.

Possible Lessons Learned... I guess
  • Weed is bad.
  • Don't smoke weed in my car
  • Be more discreet
  • That happiness can disappear in an instant so I better really pay attention while it's here.
Yeah... I'm definitely thinking that the last one is the lesson that I need to take away from this because I have been thinking lately about how happy I have been... now I'm definitely not happy... but I'm not sad either... just disappointed that I got caught I guess... So I must begin to focus on the moment because once it is over it's over.

So I will accept the consequences of my actions but I will not regret my actions. Life is for living and I will not waste my time or energy on regret. I will continue to love myself and accept myself just the way I am. I will continue to explore my love of weed and I will be more discreet about it. I will forgive myself of any mistakes that I have made in the past, may be making now, and will make in the future.

Now you know how my Friday night was spent...   :)

I hope yours was not spent getting arrested.

Love and Sunshine

Anie

No comments:

Post a Comment