Thursday, February 9, 2012

Things I LOVE Thursday!!!

Hola Gorgeous Hippie Goddesses!!
Happy Thursday!!

It has been quite a while since I have done a Things I love Thursday post... so I have decided that it needs to happen. I need to make a point of focusing on things that I love and that bring joy into my life. I waste so much of my time and energy focusing on the one truly negative part of my life (work) that I often forget how much awesome shit I have in my life. Until the day arrives where I can say goodbye to my soul sucking unfulfilling job, I will continue to live my life outside of work in a way that brings me complete joy!!




- British Columbia!! I just got back from a 5 day trip to Kelowna and man alive it was so hard to come back. I love it there! I love the people and the attitude. I feel like if I were to live in BC I wouldn't have to partake in the go go go attitude of Alberta. I am so not a go go go kind of person. I like leisure. I like relaxation. I LOVE the mountains and lakes and trees in BC. I feel so connected to the earth there and I feel like my life will eventually lead me there!


- This book is amazing!! I found a copy in this awesome little spiritual bookstore in Kelowna and I am so glad that I did. Not only is this book on my list of things to do before I turn 24 but it is something that I know I need to read. It is inspiring, and I know that it is fictional... but that does not detract from the lessons that it brings forth. I believe in the 9 Insights, whether or not they came from ancient Peruvian scrolls is irrelevant. They make sense to me and they draw attention to (what I believe) is the perfect way to live! I can't wait to finish it so I can read it again... I want to absorb as much as possible from it.

- A Beautiful Mess! I seriously love Elsie's blog. She has so much knowledge in so many areas of life that I just find inspiring.

- Read this :) Enough said...


- Sensory Deprivation Tanks!! I went in one in Kelowna for the first time... it was surreal. I would love to own one... no joke!! If you have an opportunity to use one I highly recommend it. It was so relaxing and it helped relieve some of the joint pain that I am plagued with day after day, and there is something amazing about being suspended in an infinite darkness. I can't wait to go again!

- Setting up my room!! I have been living in a crappy basement suite for almost a year now and I finally put up some art in my room. It is starting to feel like home! I am going to do a more in depth post on this later...so no pictures yet! I am probably not going to move out of the place I am in... until I move away from this place!!

- Shambhala!! I MISS MY HOME!!!



- I am in love with the painting Nick did for Christy and I. Only my two are pictured but he also did an owl for Christy. AH-MAZE-ING!

Little things that make me smile!
- Shpongle- Skrillex - Thinking of Shambhala- My new Kelowna friends - Warm sunshine - Water - Daisies - Playing with my cats - my bed - thinking about sleeping for days with no interruption!!

What are you loving??

Love and Sunlight

Anie



No comments:

Post a Comment